Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Vegans and Meat Lovers Living Side By Side In Austin

Part of participating in the South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive festival in Austin, TX involves attending some of the late night parties that are so prevalent around town.  While with a group of friends, some of whom had not eaten dinner, we ended up at Frank..... a local restaurant that specializes in hot dogs.

I was pretty sure I would not be eating at this stop, but it turns out this carnivores dream of a restaurant also has a "Veggie Hot Dog" option.  To top it off, veggie chili.  The waitress assured me it was good and that she, too, was a vegan.

I loved that a vegan would work in a hot dog restaurant.... only in Austin!

Hey, I was hungry.... why not give it a try?

When my hot dog arrived I was concerned the kitchen had messed up, but the server assured me I was safe in the vegan zone.  It was really good.

Vegans and meat lovers living as one.  What a great world.

No comments:

Post a Comment