Friday, March 11, 2011

Un-Prepared

Yesterday I was not prepared for the unexpected, and it caused me to go hungry for a few hours.

I had to teach a class for the SOS Leadership Institute at 11:30 AM, speak for Rise Austin at 2:00 PM, and deliver a keynote for FedEx at 6:00 PM.  There was little time in my schedule to eat lunch, and when things did not go as planned, I found myself not able to eat enough for most of the day.

My intention was to eat a Tofu Vermicelli Bowl at Lulu B's.  This is a great Vietnamese food trailer on South Lamar that is located near the SOS Leadership offices.  They open at 11:00 (or there abouts), and that would have given me time to grab lunch.  But they did not open until 11:20, and then told me that Tofu Bowl would take 20 minutes.  OUCH, I did not have the time to eat.

Fortunately there were some carrots in the refrigerator at SOS Leadership (Amber is so wonderful to share them with me!), and one of the students brought some snacks which included dried fruit.

I immediately went to the Rise event, and at 4:00 I headed over to the Austin Convention Center to pick up my South by Southwest (SXSW) badge.  Luckily, this Austin, TX, and SXSW brings in an eclectic group.... so the concession stand had vegan sandwiches.  It was nearly 5:00 PM when I was able to eat.  Just in time to fuel up before the FedEx event.

The FedEx party was amazing, and amongst all the great food they had a mountain of fresh fruit.

The day worked out just fine (it was a lot of fun), but I had failed to bring any snacks with me.  I have learned my lesson that I must always be prepared for eating enough nutritious food to keep me going if something goes awry with my meal plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment