Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Begin Vegan

Today officially marks the beginning of Lent.  No turning back on my vegan adventure.

While the idea was 40 days vegan, I started early to ensure I could really make such a change.  I have already gone vegan for ten days.

I feel lighter, and the scale says I have lost three pounds.  I feel healthy, and have focused on getting the right nutrition.

I have even tested trying to eat while traveling, as I spent three days at a business conference.  Requesting special meals at the banquets, avoiding almost all finger foods at the happy hours, and eating piles of fruits and vegetables.

I have learned to cook new plant based foods, and have already tried new things I had not eaten before.

During Lent I will have several business and social functions that will require me to bring my own food, but I am looking forward to seeing how I do on this vegan diet from now until Easter.

This blog is where I will document my experiences.  Please check in from time to time and see how it is going.  Feel free to share your comments, ideas, recipes, etc....

thom singer

No comments:

Post a Comment