Saturday, March 19, 2011

Getting Creative

Sometimes you have to get creative when eating vegan.  We did not have a family plan for dinner last night and decided to eat leftovers.  There was plenty of pasta and Irish stew, but neither matched my vegan needs.

I took some spinach, raw almonds, soy cheese (is it really cheese? no, but it seems like cheese), avocado, Catalina dressing and cooked broccoli.  I stirred it all together with some nutritional yeast, and had a nice dinner.

I followed it with some vegan dark chocolate as dessert, and I have to admit I was satisfied.

My biggest worry when I began this adventure nearly three weeks ago was that I would be left feeling empty.  I did not trust that a plant based diet would fill me up.

I am learning to create meals that meet my body's need for nutrition and my desire for taste.  I have read a bunch of cookbooks and get inspiration from the vegans who consistently are crossing my path with suggestions and recipes.

Today is day 21 of my 50 day challenge (It was only meant to be 4o days vegan for Lent, but I began ten days early).  I am feeling GREAT and I have lost five pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment