Friday, April 1, 2011

Veggie Tacos

Last night I had to make dinner for the family.  While I am the only one who has gone vegan for Lent, my wife is eating along with me on many occasions.  The kids? not so much.  Plus, they are kids, so the limits to what they will eat still require "kid friendly" foods.

Thus the challenge was to create one meal that would allow everyone a healthy and delicious meal.

Tacos!

I purchased a pre-cooked chicken breast for the kids, and then made veggie taco filling.

1 - onion, sliced.
1 - zucchini, sliced into two-inch sticks.
5 - mushrooms, sliced
1 - tomato
1 - clove garlic, diced
1 cup - spinach (added at last minute)
*(Bell pepper would be a great addition, too... but my wife is allergic to peppers)

Saute the above until soft.

Serve with whole wheat tortillas, re-fried black beans, rice, avocado slices, "veggie shreds" fake cheese, and salsa.

Dang, it was good!  I will eat this again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment