Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Anniversary Dinner at Trio

Last night my wife, Sara, and I went out for dinner to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary.  We selected Trio, the restaurant at the Four Season's Hotel in downtown Austin.  Sara called ahead to see if they could accomdate my vegan diet, and was assured they would take good care of me.

Wow, what a great night..  When we were seated we were presented with a menus that read "Happy 19th Anniversary" across the top, and the hostess announced that the chef and waitress were aware of my being vegan, and that they had special options.

The chef prepared a vegetable risotto that was amazing,  I also had their mixed green salad, minus the goat cheese.  For dessert we shared a pairing of three (trio!) of homemade sorbets (apple/basil, berry, and orange). (Sara had scallops and shrimp... which she also thought were fantastic!).

The above photo was a special plate they brought along with the sorbets.  It included some chocolates and cookies. I hear they tasted good!

Erika, our waitress, did a great job of making sure that my dining experience lived up to the levels one would expect at a nice restaurant.

I have been to three higher end restaurants since I began my "Vegan for Lent" diet, and each of those meals rank amongst the best restaurant meals I can remember in a long time.  I think that even if I go back to eating meat and dairy, I will tell restaurants I am vegan, as the special dishes they create especially for me are even better than what is on the menu!

1 comment:

  1. Vegan sorbet at a restaurant - impressive! 19th wedding anniversary - even more impressive, Thom. Congrats to you and Sara.

    ReplyDelete