Thursday, September 1, 2011

Vegan Leaning

VEGAN UPDATE:

I continue my plant-based adventure that began last February.  While I do not keep a 100% vegan diet, I have become "Vegan Leaning".

A friend who is a dedicated vegan tells me that there is no such thing as "Vegan Leaning".  He is wrong. It exists.  I know it is real because I invented it.  It may not be a movement that is sweeping the nation, but I have found it works great for my life.

Monday through Friday I make vegan choices at all meals.  Once in a while (about once a week) I let it slip and have a small amount of meat or dairy (today I had a Blueberry muffin), but most of the time I am very good about keeping a plant based diet during the work week.

On the weekends I do whatever I want, but have found I must keep to moderation or my body reacts poorly.  This usually involves grilling a steak or fish on Sunday, and allowing the sweets with dairy and eggs (cookies, cake, ice cream, etc...) as a treat.

This keeps me about 3/4 vegan, and I am feeling great. I continue to feel "lighter", although I only lost five pounds.  My energy level is high.  The biggest benefit is my awareness of the food choices I make all the time.  I no longer just eat everything that crosses my path.

Spread the word about vegan leaning!  It means being vegan without having to skip out totally when served a great tasting steak!!!

Definition of "Vegan Leaning":  A person who chooses to eat a vegan diet most of the time.  Usually a person who is "Vegan Leaning" eats a plant based diet Monday through Friday, while allowing meat and dairy on the weekends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment