Friday, June 10, 2011

Pescatarian

I am still making vegan choices in my daily diet, but more and more I am finding rationalizations to eat fish.

My busy travel schedule put me in Bermuda where I could not pass up on eating fish at nearly every meal.  I mean, come on... I am on an island and they have some local "rock fish" that was delicious.  I can eat almonds and broccoli anywhere, but whole on an island for two days I felt fish was a legitimate choice.

Then I was at dinner with a friend in Orlando and there was nothing on the menu that could even begin to look vegan.  My choice was lettuce and some tomatoes or Fish Tacos.  I went for the fish tacos.  Besides,  I attended college in San Diego in the 1980s and fish tacos were just finding their way into the culture.  I have always been a fan of this delightful food from the days when you could only get them in Mexico and San Diego.  As an early adopter of the fish in a tortilla,  I feel a kinship with this taco product.

Next stop, Boston.  A friend and I went to dinner and he wanted sushi.  I like sushi, and since my wife does not like to eat raw fish, I figured I would not be having the opportunity any time soon.  WOW, it was good.

While I had been eating small amounts of fish on the weekends, this week of travel put sea creatures in my mouth nearly everyday.  I rationalized it each time, but in the end  I did not regret my fish eating adventures.

I think my vegan diet is making me live better... but you know, I have no problem with eating a little meat.  Plus, there is even a name for those who just eat fish with their veggies.....  "Pescatarian".  I figure if someone has named it, it must be a real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment