Saturday, February 26, 2011

Getting Nervous and Excited About Eating Vegan

My excitement level is growing.  I made the commitment to do this "Vegan Thing" for Lent, but now I am looking forward to it.  While my daughter was shopping for a book at Barnes & Noble I was in the cookbook section looking for ideas.  While checking out I saw a book called The Veganist, which I bought, and am not learning all the ins and outs of a plant based diet.

I have ten days until it begins and I am torn between wanting to start right now and making a pilgrimage to the Salt Lick to get one last "all-you-can-eat" BBQ.

I am nervous about trying to navigate my business trips and eating at conferences while maintaining the Vegan commitment.  But others do it, so I figure I can do it, too.

The family is going out to one of my favorite places for dinner.  I love the Pot Roast Sandwich at this restaurant and since Lent has not begun I figure I will eat my comfort food.  But there is a nagging desire to go with a big salad and some whole grain pasta.

My guess is I go for the Pot Roast!

**UPDATE-- yep, Pot Roast Sandwich, cheese on my salad, and gellato for dessert.  But even though Lent has not begun, I did feel guilty.  I think I will do fine once I start!

No comments:

Post a Comment